Tuesday, June 8, 2010

summa summa summatime

My heart is full of so many emotions right now. We only have a half day of school left. I am excited and sad at the same time. I can not believe that the year is over. As I sit and reflect it's been an amazing year full of adventure, challenges, blessings, hardships and new relationships. If I told you that I have absolutely loved every minute of being here, I would be lying to you. There have been things that have been hard and challenging, but in the end there was always a blessing! I have learned that I have a love for teaching. Sometimes my patience is short and kids drive me crazy, but again, in the end....I love them! These kids have captured my heart. I am excited for all that they have learned and for them to move on to 3rd grade, but at the same time, I am very sad to see them go.

So what now. My parents, my brother and his wife are coming in just a few days and we will spend two weeks relaxing and enjoying the Dominican Republic before I head back to the states for the rest of my summer. I was telling a friend as much as this place has captured my heart I still have a TX/CO sized hole in my heart! I miss my friends and family. I can't wait to be back and catch up with you all. I will be making a trip out to Colorado, Georgia and North Carolina to see some friends for a few weeks and then I will be spending the rest of my time between Longview and Dallas! I can't wait to share with each of you more of what the Lord has been doing at Doulos, in my students and in my life. I am hoping to have a dessert party at some point while I am in Longview to share some more of those things. I will keep you updated!

THANK YOU! I could not be here without each one of you. I know that I say this in each post, but I truly mean it. I have been beyond blessed by your giving. Check out this video to hear THANK YOU from some of our students.

Ways you can be praying:
I will be coming back to Doulos in August for my second year of teaching. You can begin praying for my students. Here are just a few names: Jesus Miguel, David, Pablo, Weidy, Lysha, Elaine, Jocabed, Dorisbell. I am going to have a handful. This class has had some hard behavior issues, but I know that the Lord is in control of all things!

Come December of 2010 I will have to decide whether or not I will commit to another year at Doulos. I know that sounds far away to you, but 6 months will fly by in no time. If you could begin praying along side me what the Lord would have for me I would greatly appreciate it. As of this moment, I have no clue. I do not feel pulled 100% in any direction. A few things for me to think about. Do I want to continue teaching here? Do I want to continue teaching overseas? Do I want to come back to the states? Do I want to teach in the states? If so, where? Is the world of retail still a passion I want to pursue? So many questions and I have no answers right now. But I am before the Lord and know that he will reveal His plans for me in His timing.

Thanks for walking through this year with me! I can not wait to see you this summer. Here are a few recent pictures that I wanted to share.

Adventure.

Young Life.

Roommates.

HS/MS Bible Study Girls.

A few 2nd grade boys.

Blessings,
Meredith




No comments:

Post a Comment