Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Survived!

I survived my first week of school, and so did all the little ones, thankfully!  Year 4 is looking like it's going to be a great one.  I just feel like I started the school year on the right foot.  Not that in the years past I started on the wrong one, but this year just feels good.  My munchkins are excited about learning and seem to be on level, considering they are all learning in their second language.  That is incredible! Something to celebrate.  Check out a few of their cute faces!
Joel

Yeymy
This summer when I was thinking about this class and these little munchkins the word that kept coming to mind was PEACE.  We then had a teacher development day and were shown a video of a teacher who was implementing a "Peace Table" for her behavior plan.  It was one of those moments of affirmation...run with it.  So I did.  This year we are learning what it means to be a peacemaker.  Here are a few things my students shared with me today.  (Too bad I didn't have a video camera, because it was precious.)
"Peacemakers raise their hands." - Ali
"Peacemakers share." - Esdras
"Peacemakers listen to the teacher." - Logan
"Peacemakers are kind." -Mya
"Peacemakers take care of their books." - Karen
"Peacemakers come to school on time." - Keeara
"Peacemakers tell the truth." - Sami
"Peacemakers love one another." - Keysi

Thanks for all of your love and support! I could not be here doing what I am doing without you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment