I thought this blog would mainly be pictures. I had this desire to take a picture everyday and post it, but as you can see....that is not happening. If you haven't read the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan I suggest you go out and purchase it today and read it! Here are just a few things from the book that have stirred my heart:
"I believe that He wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them. I believe He wants us to be knows for giving - of our time, our money, and our abilities - and to start a movement of "giving" churches. In so doing, we can alleviate the suffering in the world and change the reputation of His bride in America."
"Are we in love with God or just His stuff?"
"God doesn't just want us to have good theology; He wants us to know and love Him."
"Some people claim that we can be Christians without necessarily becoming disciples. I wonder, then, why the last thing Jesus told us was to go into the world, making disciples of all nations, teach them to obey all that He commanded? You'll notice that He didn't add, 'But hey, if that's too much to ask, tell them to just become Christians - you know, the people who get to go to heaven without having to commit to anything.'"
"God's definition of what matters is pretty straightforward. He measures our lives by how we love."
"How many of us would really leave our families, our jobs, our education, our friends, our connections, our familiar surroundings, and our homes if Jesus asked us to? If He just showed up and said, "Follow me"? No explanation. No directions."
"I know that this whole pursuing-Christ, taking-up-you-cross, counting-the-cost thing isn't easy. It's so hard, in fact, that Jesus said the road is narrow and few will actually find it...and fewer still among those who are rich. Like the parable of the sower, don't assume you are the good soil; don't assume you are one of the few on the narrow way."
I will stop because I don't want to type up the whole book. I am only to chapter 6 of 10 chapters. Needless to say this has helped to give me great perspective in the way I love. Not only my God, but people around me. So stop what you are doing....and go buy the book!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment