6 years ago
Saturday, May 9, 2009
He continues to amaze me...
I am speechless right now....Literally my jaw hit the floor today. I am completely overwhelmed with how the Lord provides for His children. Once I committed to move to the DR my list of things to-do before the end of July was quite long. The big thing on the list was to sale my car. A year ago almost to the date I purchased a 2007 subaru forester. I figured that selling my car was going to be a long road ahead of me with where the economy is and what I still owe on it. This morning our local Young Life area was having a yard sale at my house to help raise money for kids to go to Castaway this summer. So I thought maybe I should put a for sale sign in my car and a few people might get my phone number. Well, two hours after I put the sign on my car it was sold. A sweet couple were riding their bikes around the neighborhood and stopped to check out the yard sale. I walked outside and they were in my car looking around and taking pictures. I went to see if they had any questions and they said, "We are in town visiting our friend and he is looking for a car just like this. And honey, he's rich...he will pay you with cash." So the next thing I knew they went home to show their friend the pictures and he was back to see what I was asking in price and why I was selling my car. I told him a price and then proceeded to share about my move to the Dominican Republic. He had just gotten back from vacation there and he began to tell me about how his eyes were opened to the poverty that exist there. He went on to tell me how great it was that I was going there. He then said, "Well sweetheart, let me go home and count my money and I will be back. What's your rock bottom price?" I told him my rock bottom price and sure enough 20 minutes later he came back with CASH. In a brown paper bag inside his jacket. And we aren't just talking a few hundred or a few thousand....over ten thousand dollars cash!!! We went to the bank. Counted the money. I paid off the loan. He took my car. DONE! Just like that. In less than 2 hours. For those of you who are questioning whether our God is real....believe me HE IS! I know this is just a small example of how he provides, but for me it was total confirmation that He has called me to the DR and He will continue to provide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is so good! I am so excited for you and how happy you are about your move and where the Lord is taking you. I can't wait to keep up with the journey!
ReplyDelete