Thursday, June 18, 2009

the journey begins...

As I talked with a good friend today I was reminded that I must finish strong.  My hope and prayer is that I give more of myself away each day as my time here (in Colorado) comes to an end.  The idea of leaving this place that is so near to my heart and soul has really begun to sink in.  Like I said in my last post, the word leave is a pretty hard word.  Yes, I am thrilled for this next chapter of my life.  But in that excitement lies a little fear.  Which, I want to say is pretty normal, right?  I have been trying to tie up loose ends here such as getting in all my doctor visits, working on fundraising, selling most of everything I own and of course packing up what I decided to keep.  On top of that I have been trying to study spanish (which isn't going so great).  You can pray for that.  And reading some books on teaching.  However, in the quiet moments the Lord is constantly affirming His plan for me.  I do not deserve this....but He has called me.  Every time I open up scripture I can't help but turn to Jeremiah 29:11.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I learned this verse early in walk with Jesus and it has been a constant source of comfort for me.  Especially now.  This photo below brings a huge smile to my face. These are the precious children that I will be teaching and loving on this coming school year!  Thanks for all your prayers and support.   


1 comment:

  1. You have such a positive attitude, and I know the Lord will bless that. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete