First and foremost...I am sorry! I have not been very good at keeping this updated. And I don't have a lot of time on my hands today so I am going to leave you with some things I have on my heart:
"As we learn God's desires for us, as he reveals himself more deeply, we realize the tinseled glitter of many of our desires and needs. Gradually we come to desire the desires of God himself, letting God desire in us. Jean-Claude Sagne says 'The Spirit makes our desire live from the life of God himself, to the point where God himself comes to desire at the heart of our desire.'" Beginning Comtemplative Prayer by Kathryn J. Hermes
This quote really grabbed my attention when it said that we realize the tinseled glitter of many of our desires and needs. My prayer over the past several months has been that the desires of my heart would be the desires of God. And that those selfish desires that I so often harbor in my heart would fall away.
"Grace means there isn't anything you can do to make God love you any less. What will drive you crazy is the discovery that there isn't anything you can do to make him love you anymore either." Hustling God by Craig Barnes
I don't even really need to explain this one, but this has brought me comfort over the past few weeks. Especially when I feel like so many days I make mistakes. Whether its when I feel like I lose it with a kid or don't prepare my lessons enough.......at the end of the day God's grace covers all of that. And he doesn't love me any less.
Until next time......
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment