Outdoor Education Week
We just finished outdoor education week with Pre-K through 3rd grade a few weeks ago. It was such an incredible week. We were able to get outside of the classroom and not only teach our students about plants, animals, and living things of this world, but we were also able to teach them about the creator of this world. It was a beautiful thing. During our week we took our students to the river, the pond, and to a field. We studied different habitats and things that live and grow in those habitats. At the end of the week students had made bird feeders out of plastic 12oz bottles that they painted so creatively and shoebox habitats. They had a blast and learned alot! For those of you who are supporting me financially - THANK YOU! Because of your support I was able to purchase the supplies needed for these projects during outdoor education week.
What I Am Learning
How do I wrap my mind around everything. I am learning alot. The overall theme for this year seems to be patience.
"Patience is the companion of wisdom."
St. Augustine
I am doing really well here. Thanks for your prayers. You can continue to pray for my role as the teacher for 17 Dominican and Haitian kids. That I would be patient with them and creative in my teaching. May God bless you as you bless others!
No comments:
Post a Comment