Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time flies....

A month has passed and as it flew by a lot has happened! This spring has been such a sweet time for me. It started back in March when some of my Young Life friends from Windy Gap in North Carolina where here for a week to work at the Young Life camp. It was so great to see old faces. And in our conversations about life I realized that God really is doing a work in my life. And for that I am so greatful. I feel like I am constantly learning and growing and my hope is that never stops. I was flipping through my journal the other day and read an entry that I wrote: "I feel like I am REALLY living in each day. Not looking for what's missing or what's next, but simply what YOU have for me right now." My hope is that I will continue to fully live in each day!

Also during the past month several of my Colorado YL friends came to visit and I had spring break all at the same time! It was great to spend the first part of my week up at the YL camp here working with them and catching up on life. Then I headed out to LaRomana with two of my roommates and a good friend from here, Julia. We had such a blast. We stopped and spent some time in the capital, Santo Domingo, and checked out the historical district there and then headed to the beach. It was a great time of fun and relaxation.

I am now in the last stretch of the school year. We are in our 4th quarter of school and are wrapping up our expeditions for this semester. The 2nd grade expedition this semester is Australian Animals. My students have loved learning about Australia and all the different animals that live there. Our final project will be a recreation of a zoo full of Australian animals. We will be making costumes in class and they will actually be the Australian animals. I have been less stressed this semester and I have really enjoyed my students and teaching.

I am still volunteering for Young Life here and enjoying every minute of it. There are a few high school girls that I feel like I have really connected with and I am excited to live life with them and share the incredible love of our creator with them. Continue to pray for our high school friends in Jarabacoa.

I am continually blown away by you. My friends and family who are supporting me through this journey. The way that you care for me through prayer, sweet packages in the mail and your financial support. I could not be more blessed! May the Lord continue to bless you as you bless others.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for him.'" Lamentations 3:22-24

Meredith


The 2nd grade girls and myself at the zoo! (it was REALLY hot.)

1 comment: