Sunday, January 30, 2011

¿Quién Soy Yo?

Friday afternoon after a long, hot, sweaty day at school I rushed home on my motorcycle and packed my bag for the weekend. I was headed off to a Women’s Retreat. I had been to the same retreat the year before and really enjoyed the rest and relaxation that it brought. I knew that the “theme” this year was Indentificadas. Identified. Who am I? ¿Quién Soy Yo? That was the question of the weekend.

We began the time by looking at what our name means. Meredith. What does that mean? I had no clue. Why did my parents name me that? I have no clue. I think because my mom liked it and my dad agreed. So I came home and googled my name.

Meredith. It comes from Welsh “Maredudd”, meaning “great lord.” It was more commonly a male name prior to the 20th century, but the genders for the name switched and female usage has been the more popular of late. Thus Wikipedia says.

We then looked at who God says that we are:

I am blameless. I am God’s own child. I am encouraged. I am sister of Christ. I am powerful. I am perfected. I am self-disciplined. I am under construction. I am a citizen of heaven. I am royalty. I am a work in progress. I am holy. I am called. I am healed. I am chosen. I am free. I am born again. I am loved lavishly. I am secure. I am victorious. I am a witness. I am eternally and unfailingly loved. I am intimately known. I am unique. I am delighted in. I am gifted. I am rejoiced over. I am salt. I am light. I am a daughter of God. I am protected. I am justified. I am an heir. I am blessed. I am without fault (in God’s eyes.) I am alive. I am favored. I am saved. I am God’s masterpiece. I am filled. I am confident. I am forgiven. I am complete. I am growing. I am a new creation. I am set apart. I AM HIS.

This is so much to process, but my hope and prayer is that I would daily live in who I am in Christ.

I know that I haven't been so great at updating the blog, but I think I am back in action. Another post will be coming soon. Life in the DR has been bien excelente!

1 comment: