Monday, September 20, 2010

tyhpoid..

When you hear the word typhoid, what do you think? Well my initial thought when I hear the word is, someone is dying. I immediately am reminded of the game I played in elementary school..Oregon Trail. Therefore, when I went to the clinic here in Jarabacoa and the results from my blood analysis was TYPHOID....I thought....I am going to die. Well, I am here to say that I conquered it. Yes, I was diagnosed with typhoid fever last saturday, but had a quick recovery. God is good. It was a sweet time of me trusting the Lord that He was in control. I was on several different medications and had to go in to the clinic for 4 days in a row to get an injection. The crazy thing is that I bought the medicine for the injection at the pharmacy where they also asked me if I wanted to purchase the syringe. This country is CRAZY! It was quite an experience and I hope to never return to a clinic here.

As soon as I recovered we had Young Life club at my house. I was speaking and so I had written my talk while laying in bed recovering and on several drugs. I prayed and prayed that my words would be His words, because I felt COMPLETELY unprepared. Well, God did show up. Out of the 8 people on our Young Life team only 3 of us were 100% healthy. All kinds of things were going on...I had typhoid, another team member had come down with bad asthma, two were in a motorcycle accident, and another had a parasite. Needless to say, we were all feeling pretty broken! Club felt last minute and thrown together as we were waiting for kids to show up. And they showed up...50 of them! It was our biggest Young Life Club yet. The energy level was RIDICULOUS and kids had a blast. Thanks for your prayers for this ministry here. God is at work.

So I am now completely better and back in the swing of things and I feel such at peace. Sometimes we God is just telling us to slow down and take things one day at a time.

Blessings,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment