1. Writing on the Walls. At the end of this school year Doulos will have completed construction on our new Elementary building. We started the school year with 4 new classrooms. Next year we will have a total of 8 classrooms. One of those being the 2nd grade classroom. So last week we had the opportunity to cover the walls with blessings before they put the final coat of paint on. Our God provided these classrooms and He will bless what goes on inside of them.
2. Random Acts of Kindness. My students came up with the idea of serving those around us, with a little help from their teacher. So we made a list of things we could do and each Friday we choose a Random Act of Kindness. Delivering flowers, reading to the elderly, making cards for teachers, and washing a strangers car are just a few things on the list. One week students brought non-perishable goods to give to a boys club at a local church. It is so beautiful to see their servants hearts.
3. Lots of Learning. Counting Coins, Nouns, Reading and fun Tutoring classes.
4. 100th Day of School. Students came to school dressed like they were 100 years old, wearing a 100 things and we had a blast all day!
5. Revolution. Every other Friday our school has what we call Revolution. It's like a big pep rally, but not with sports as the main focus. It is a time for our students to have fun and be recognized for what they have been doing. I love the joy on these faces. Also, our seniors won a fundraiser and their reward was to shave our Managing Director's face however they wanted. I love it!
6. Siblings. Some of you might remember Weidy who was in my classroom 2 years ago. Well, now I have his little sister in my class. They are beautiful children who are growing in Christ. Over the past 3 years, I have seen their family be transformed and restored in Christ.
7. Independence Day. Last week we celebrated Independence Day here in the Dominican Republic. I love this day. Our students are decked out in red, white and blue and each grade performs. It is beautiful to watch our school be united.
8. We Built This City. This semester my students our learning how a city is run. What our role is as citizens, what a government is and their responsibilities, etc. It has been l
9. Friends and Fun. Outside of teaching I have also been soaking in God's goodness. I have a great group of friends and we often take advantage of this beautiful place where we live. Girls beach trips are always full of fun and laughter. We also recently went camping and enjoyed watching the boys on their dirt bikes.
10. God's Promises. Through all of this God is faithful and fully alive. He has continued to faithfully provide for me. Financially, emotionally and spiritually. As I walked into school one morning last week I looked up and saw this and was reminded of His great promises as His child.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I could not be here doing what I am doing without you. Thank you for your prayers and financial support. We serve a big God.
Blessings,
Meredith













No comments:
Post a Comment