This weekend I was able to go for a hike with some of the other teachers here at Doulos. I am amazed at how beautiful this country is. It took us about 5 minutes to drive to the trailhead from town and then it was only about a 10 min walk! And you can tell that the view was INCREDIBLE...
Things have been pretty busy here as I have been trying to immerse myself into the teaching world. The past two weeks I have been learning about positive discipline, going over school policies, reading curriculum, trying to write lesson plans, getting my classroom ready, etc. Needless to say when we went hiking Saturday it was a breath of fresh air that I really needed. Today at church I was reminded that I can not do this on my own. I must rely on Him for the strength and knowledge I will need the first few days of school and throughout the rest of the school year. Tomorrow will be the first day of school here at Doulos. I have 19 precious children. Some whom I have already met and some I will see for the first time tomorrow. I hear that they are a great group of kids. Thanks for your prayers. You can specifically be praying for me and my role as the 2nd grade teacher this week!
Hopefully in the next few weeks as things slow down and I get into a routine I will be able to update this more frequently. I would love to hear from you so keep in touch!!
Happy first day of school tomorrow! I know you'll be a great teacher. My prayers are with you!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Meredith!! You've got teaching in your blood :) Love you!
ReplyDelete