Saturday, December 19, 2009

As I am preparing to leave the Dominican and return to the states I am realizing there are many things I am excited about returning to and many things I will miss as I leave.

I am excited about:
-seeing my family
-Mexican Food
-putting toilet paper in the toilet
-having a hot shower
-being able to wear long sleeves
-not sweating
-spending time with old friends
-the smells of Christmas (mom baking pies in the kitchen!)
-chick-fil-a
-diet dr. pepper
-sharing what God has been doing at Doulos

Things I will miss:
-the daily noise of my 2nd grade classroom and their sweet smiles
-my Dominican family
-jugo de chinola
-Cafe Taino
-Columbianas and their amazing cachapas
-Ruth and Lissette (two of my high school friends at Doulos)
-talking in spanglish with Rachel
-my new friends
-tranquilo-ness
-getting rides from a moto-concho
-beautiful blooming flowers

Some of my new friends. Front:Robyn, Rachel, me, Leah and Amanda. Back: Erica, Ciara, Whitney, and Melinda

My walk to school. Check out those beautiful flowers!
Ruth and Lissette
One of my 2nd graders, Alberto, on the last day of school!
My kids when Miss Rachel said, "Now make a silly face!"


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Meredith,

    I don't know if you remember me, but I just recently found your blog (through Lisa Butler's maybe?) and have sat and read through older entries and just really enjoyed seeing what all you're up to! I guess I won't be a blog stalker now, since I'm typing a comment. I'm glad to see you're doing well. You look beautiful and happy! --Jaime (Stoddard) Rinehart

    ReplyDelete