Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home

I have been back in the states for two weeks now and trying to find a word that encompasses how it's been being back is quite difficult. It has been amazing! I have had lots of really great time with my family. I was able to see some old friends and have some great conversations. Surprisingly I have had lots of down time. During this time of just hanging out with mom and dad watching football or running errands I have had time to reflect on my first semester in the Dominican. There have been challenges that have stretched me, but I wouldn't trade those because of the things that I have learned and am continuing to learn through those challenges. My hope is that over the next week that I am home I am able to spend some time in the word and prepare my heart and mind for leaving home and heading back to the DR. I miss my kids and can't wait to see their smiling faces. Here are a few pictures from the holidays!

celebrating Twenty-Ten with some good friends

eating lots of really good food....Jucy's a hometown favorite
Christmas morning with the family
so glad they came to visit from Colorado
sister and sister-in-law

How you can be praying:
-For my host family and that they have found a new house for us to live in when I get back.
-For my students the first few days of school with a substitute. (I am going back almost 4 days late so that I can be here when my mom is presented as a "Star Over Longview.")
-Me transitioning back to the Dominican Republic and getting back into the swing of teaching.
-That I would be refreshed and renewed physically and spiritually so that I can love well.

Check out my wishlist at www.teachingsupplystore.com. My e-mail address is mmortonyl@gmail.com. For those of you who mentioned that you are interested in helping out this is a list of things I would love to have to help with teaching 2nd grade. You can order items online and have them shipped to me at:
Attn: Meredith Morton
Unit 3017 DDSDR
3170 Airmans Drive
Ft. Pierce, FL 34946


2 comments:

  1. Definitely sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mertaw, it was SO, SO good to see you, even if it was for only a couple of minutes. You looked fabulous, and I love reading about your goings on on this blog. Hope to catch up again this summer...maybe with a little drawing game, stricken matches, and piano bars. :)

    ReplyDelete